Me

Me
I'm done sitting on the sidelines and I am ready to live!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Have my cake and...well...not really want to eat it too

As strange as this may sound I have decided to combat my deep desire for eating sweets with baking them. Somehow in a strange way spending hours baking something makes me less prone to eating too many sweets in general and no, I don't like my fingers. I don't know what it is about it but it helps so I am throwing myself into it with full force. I spent a little money getting a few things that a cake baker needs and yesterday baked my first fully chocolate molding covered cake. I also made the chocolate molding all by myself. It was great fun to say the least but it did take me 6 hours to finish the cake from start to finish but you know, it was worth it. I enjoyed the process, and my friends really liked the cake. I think this might become a weekend habit for me. it not only helps curb my appetite for sweets it gives me something productive to do instead of just focusing on how much about myself I am trying to change right now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh MJ, that cake looks sooooo good! I freaking love baking cakes! Unfortunately, baking does the opposite for me! If I'm baking, I'm licking my fingers, taking spoon-fulls here and there and insisting on consuming part of the final product! So I've been trying to lay off the cooking... O.o;;; which is sad to me.
    Anyway, that cake is so much cooler than anything I've ever baked! I would love to see more of those from you, maybe try some one day too.... *hint hint* lol.

    You're blog is so inspiring, I'm really feeling a drive to go take a run. Maybe I will.... :)

    Good luck today! I'm sad I didn't get to go to church. :(

    See you later~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete