Me

Me
I'm done sitting on the sidelines and I am ready to live!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This Blasted Spring!

Spring though in the past has been a beloved season of mine has officially found a very comfortable perch on my bad side. I'm not going to say I hate it over all but it is really messing with my new life that I am trying to make in for myself in the fitness realm. Okay I can almost see a huge "how?" on a few of your faces so let me explain. As some of you know I have asthma that till now I was sure was all sports induced and a bit of second hand smoking well I think its just added one more irritant to its list...spring. I don't know what is coming up this year or maybe I just didn't notice it as much last year but some combination of something during this season this year has got my inhaler practically defeated and its irritating me. Today I struggled to make myself even go to the gym at all and once I was there getting through 30 minutes of jogging felt like an eternity. Its one thing to battle your legs to push through pain or stiffness or just plain laziness and its another thing to try and get your lungs to work harder than they want to. I am resolved in my mind to push through this but my will is fading fast and that is worrisome to me. I gained a few pounds this last week and it was all of my own doing I know but that doesn't help the situation this week any better. I just need to take a deep breath and not let spring be the master of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment