Me

Me
I'm done sitting on the sidelines and I am ready to live!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday

I am writing a series of Poems and I realize I'm a day behind but that's okay, anyway, I wanted to take the focus off of my weight for a moment and reflect on what this coming holiday is all about. Jesus and the love he had for us, enough to die in our place. That is so amazing and something I know I don't think about as often as I should, so I wrote this poem, the first of three.

Good Friday

Salty and bitter

weeping a plea

a rock for an alter

sorrow a sea


Sleeping not vigilant

to slumber they go

forgetting their duties

heads bowing low


Bloody the droplets

perspiring grief

A lamb to the slaughter

a kiss from a thief


Frightened and angered

dispersing they hide

Allegiance to Jesus

Three times one denied


With death on their lips

a crowd screaming blood

the guilty go free

an unworthy flood


Lashes in flesh

Crimson does rain

Mocking is heard

Over screaming and pain


Golgotha the hillside

the mount of the scull

where wretches and sinners

for wrongs pay in full


Nails through the hands

thorns on the head

they watched as the savior

soon would be dead


Face lifted up

chocking on words

The son of God died

among peasants and lords

No comments:

Post a Comment