eek." and that was that. It was an incredible feeling. Throughout the morning and I was trying to think why I had gained those two pounds and I realized there were several reasons for it. First my working out fell short this week compared to the last few. I was 20 minutes late to my spin class on Monday. On Tuesday I struggled to get through 30 minutes of jogging and even then was on a slower pace than normal. I had to get off the treadmill belt a few times as well. On Wednesday I did my usual routine but I didn't put my soul into it and that is important. Thursday I did okay with my workout but Friday I didn't at all. So as you can see that was one factor for the weight gain. The second reason was my eating. I was eating the sugar free chocolate like nothing else this week. Even if I didn't go over my calorie count the calories I did eat were empty worthless and very bad for me. All of these combined with a splurge at Ihop made for a 2 pound gain but I am not discouraged.Actually I am kind of glad it happened. With 6 weeks of straight weight loss I was beginning to have the mindset that almost no matter what I was doing I was going to loos weight and that isn't so at all as anyone knows. So this was a good reminder that I have to work hard and
work diligently if I am to keep loosing weight. I needed that kick in the pants, that very real reminder that without the constant relying on God I can't do this. I can't get to the health that I want to be at and I can't loose the weight I want to. God has to be my center if it about weight or any other aspect of my life and that 190 glaring back at me today on the scale just reminded me of that. So even with the weight gain I am okay and in a funny way sort of glad for it. I needed that reminder and it has given me a brand new fire to go out and tackle this week with a vengeance.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour attitude is admirable and stands as a challenge to all of us who have struggled with weight and body-image issues: that number on the scale is a sometimes-accurate measure of effort and nothing more. It is not indicative of total worth. It is not indicative of success or failure. Your perspective has so immensely shifted as you've taken this journey. I am reminded of that teary-eyed Meran who saw "230" and felt it was too great a failing to overcome. So while "+2" might be grinning its ugly little face at you at this moment, remember that "-40" kicks that little punk's (you know what) any day of the week. Well done. I am so proud of you... and feel inspired by you.
ReplyDelete