As some of you know I have been sick off and on for a while. The last three weeks have been full of ups and downs for me that had me really frustrated. I didn't feel like I could get ahead of this cold. I would feel really good for a day or two then it would wipe me out again. I think in three weeks I worked out a whole of 3 times...maybe. Even though I have somewhat enjoyed the down time I know that along with my non working out came a steady diet of sweets, fast food, and everything that I have been trying to train my body away from. On Monday I decided to go to the doctor because I was sick of this roller coaster. Turns out I had bronchitis. So even though I had a legitimate excuse for not working out I had no excuse for the way I was eating. Sitting here today after breakfast I realize how absolutely easy it has been to slide right back into the habits that made me want to change my life nine months ago. If we don't actively check ourselves daily those nasty black habits jump as soon as they can and sink their hooks into you even deeper than the first time around.
Well the doctor had given me antibiotics and so I've been taking those for the last five days and the broncitis is finally clearing up. The cold still lingers a bit but that I can deal with. Come Monday I am back at the gym. I won't be starting exactly where I left off but I am planning to work up to it in a jiff. With that starting work is picking up as well. Putting my shoulder to the plow again is actually something I am looking forward to.
~Meran~
No comments:
Post a Comment