Its been a while since I've posted and part of that is I didn't feel like I had much to say. I didn't want my blog to be filled with everything that has been going south in my life, so I just didn't write at all. Then the other day a friend of m
ine blessed me simply by offering to help and he didn't back down when I put up my walls and with a smile turned down his help. He persisted and as small a thing as it was it meant the world to me. Then it hit me...I have something to write about and have had this whole time. I have the blessings of friends and family to write about.Last nigh
t after that conversation I felt tears well up in my eyes, yes I'm a crier, but these were good tears. I thought back on the last few weeks and how many times my friends have wrapped their arms around me in so many different ways. So
me just listen to me when I need to vent, or just when I'm talkative. Some walk me through the hard stuff and let me cry on their shoulders when I feel like my heart is breaking and everything is falling apart. Some just hang out with me for no reason other than to just hang...and in all these ways I feel embraced...loved.How did I end up being so blessed? To have friends that laugh with me, and cry with me. Friends that aren't afraid to call me out on my wrong and who are ready to remind me how God sees me. I am unworthy to be blessed so greatly with loved ones that give me so much and I don't even think they realize how much they mean to me. Some day I hope to repay all of them
with even an iota of the blessing that all of them have been to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment