When I remembered the time in my life that this blog covers I remember it being so easy. I remember just sailing along with weight loss and sticking to my plan like super glue. Those memories have, in a lot of ways, crippled my attempts at getting healthy since. I have allowed those memories of breezing through 50 lbs of weight loss in 4 months to cloud my judgment and to greatly influence every emotion I had towards getting back in the saddle. Then I decided to actually re read the blog for encouragement, maybe reading my own words would help light the fire again. What I discovered was that I had fantasized and glorified the time line and my progress. I hadn't remembered the fact that my journey had span over a year instead of the 5 months or so that I had in my head. I realized that I slipped and failed more than I had EVER remembered. but most of all I realized that the devilish holidays that I thought did me in last time, actually were just a blip on the radar and I had made it though just fine. all of these lies that I had unknowingly told myself had added up into an impossible bar to reach and so I quit before I even started. So sad
So I am glad to say that today officially marks the 6th day of my life long transformation. I have learned a lot in the last few years and have been forced to see the past as it is, instead of though rose colored glasses. I have tried a few at home type programs with exercise videos and meal plans and have discovered that that is just not for me. It works for a LOT of people but I am not one of them. I have tried joining a lot of "cheaper" gym options to save a buck and after a bit it just fell flat because they didn't proved enough verity, unlike the 24 hour fitness I was a part of during the time I was successfully losing weight.
I will have good day's and I will have bad days but in the end I will come out victorious! how do I know this? Because I have a wonderful man that is 100% supporting me and I have a God who loves me very much supporting both of us. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment