"Hi. I'm a guy, I've watched porn in my life.
Got a girlfriend who said she was fine with that, but after a couple of times she found porn in my internet history and broke down crying, it became clear that she wasn't okay with it. So I quit, haven't watched porn in about a year and a half. Her feelings are just more important. The thing is, she still gets upset about it, and now every time an advertisement for this movie comes up she gets all mopey for a while...."
The comments that followed either made me smile or made me want to yell...quite literally. Here are a few that were nice and made me smile just a little bit:
One woman replied "Awww" to him saying that his girlfriend's feelings were more important than the porn.
Another person replied "you're a keeper."
"Maybe leaving it because of just the girlfriend is not the best motive, but it's a good one. Other people on this thread were saying stupid things like telling the girl to *beep* off, its the guys life not hers. They dont seem to know what love is. Its not something selfish, on the contrary, its living FOR the loved one. So, if you leave porn (which is a bit like leaving drugs, its really hard, I assume) for someone you love... well, I find that very admirable. Let alone, porn is a bad habit."
I then had to look through 4 more pages of really sad and disturbing comments to come across this diamond:
"Unlike many of the guys here, I'm giving you (the original poster) a huge thumbs up, way to go, you're a really cool guy for having done what you have. Something really admirable don't think it's an easy thing to do, and if other guys don't understand it, and think that they are manlier than anyone for watching boobs on the internet... well, pity for them."
It took me 4 pages of posts to come across these fou comments that were even half way decent the rest made me want to, well as previously posted, yell. Here are the least offensive ones I could find:
"I don't watch porn hardly at all anyomre, and my fiance knows that I occasionally do, and if she constantly broke down and cried about it she can either deal with it like a normal human being or hit the road.The last thing I'm going to do is listen to a chick *bleep* and complain for the rest of my life about watching porn"
"she does need to develop a tougher skin and stop getting all overwrought/insecure as hell and thinking that he doesn't care about her simply because he watches porn. Heck, I had an ex who watched porn---it was just something he liked,no big deal."
"My gf doesn't care that I watch porn... she understands that all guys do it and that it's natural to be attracted to other people sometimes. Makes things so much easier :D."
"Your girl needs to grow up. You should probably tell her to do that instead of blaming a movie that you loosely identify with..."
"I can't stand women who are so prudish/immature that they can't stand that en watch porn. I'm a woman and I watch it. For the average person, it doesn't harm anything... "
"he porn is not actually the point. this guy's girlfriend could have a big problem with anything he happens to be interested in. that is the point. any guy who changes who he is and what he likes for a girl and not for himself alone is not worth respecting."
they don't seem to know what love is...its living for the loved one.
no, that's called not having a spine and being co-dependent. also referred to as not having a pair, and in need of growing a pair. now that's unhealthy.
How did we fall so far? How did something so appalling become okay? And when did women who stand up for themselves and set standards for a relationship become controlling prudes and ball busting wenches? this just makes me sad. I have had first hand accounts from women who's boy friends have been into porn. I was shocked when one friend told me, "its okay with me. whatever gets him going. its not really cheating any way because she isn't a real woman." you know what she told me when they broke up and the subject came up again? well here it is, "I didn't feel like I could stand up to it because everyone says it so "normal". of course it bothered me." WOW! This "norm" is rotting out our souls and we are letting it and even defending it. We are rioting against the reality that is eating away at the support beams of our relationships. We hold up our signs and scream at the top of our lungs for the freedom to do whatever we want and be addicted to whatever substance we desire. And yet I would wager that any one of these people defending porn tooth and nail would be disgusted with someone so addicted to a substance they couldn't give it up when it rips a marriage apart. Am I the only one outraged by what I see? I know I am not and yet I feel that sometimes I am. This just makes me so sad. Such a cancer that the masses are trying to defend because the addicteion is so wide spread. God help us.
No comments:
Post a Comment